Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
helenomega

Port Forwarding on Superhub

I have a VM Superhub and Buffalo Linkstation Duo and am trying to set up the WebAccess service  so I can access the Linkstation from home.  I have set up port forwarding on the Superhub to forward port 9000 to the IP address I have the NAS on, and have restarted the Superhub.  But then when I use a port checker on the internet it still says port 9000 is closed.  I have set up port triggering as well with the same port and restarted. Still shows as closed.  The Firewall on the Superhub is off, as is my Windows Firewall, just to be sure.

I have phoned Virgin Media Business Support - the woman I spoke to was not technical and told me that they don't provide any technical support on the Superhub at all.  She then had a word with a technical colleague who told me that port forwarding does not work on the Superhub unless you have static IP addresses, which of course you have to pay for.  She also said I could buy another router and it will work then.

Is this true?  I find this incredibly poor service, although from scouring these forums it looks like many people are saying the same thing.  I just haven't found any posts that say you have to have static IPs for port forwarding to work.

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
legacy1

Re: Port Forwarding on Superhub

helenomega wrote:

I have phoned Virgin Media Business Support - the woman I spoke to was not technical and told me that they don't provide any technical support on the Superhub at all.  She then had a word with a technical colleague who told me that port forwarding does not work on the Superhub unless you have static IP addresses, which of course you have to pay for.  She also said I could buy another router and it will work then.

Is this true?

Yes.... about the last part.

------------------Die-hard direct connection modem user :smileytongue:
Believing is catch 22 the VMDG280 should never of been made the Super hubs 1 & 2 could have been built better the years go by and we can't see the mistakes that were made to make things right.
The more that use modem mode the more we need IPv6: BQM, Outgoing ports test
Please use plain text.