Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
wariss

Poor or no wifi connection on dell pc, but strong wifi connection on other devices

Hi, my Dell PC is receiving either an extremely poor signal from the router or no signal at all.Initially I thought this may be because the PC is upstairs and the SuperHub is downstairs. Although it is directly under the Dell.

But my laptop and my phone or my PS3 all recieve strong connections, it's just the Dell PC that is recieveing a very weak connection. Help very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

Re: Poor or no wifi connection on dell pc, but strong wifi connection on other devices

What happens when the phone is mobed upstairs with the PC?

do you have a Superhub or superhub2?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
gazza3535

Re: Poor or no wifi connection on dell pc, but strong wifi connection on other devices

what are you using as the wireless adaptor on your PC, if its a USB device it will always be slow, mine was getting 12 mbps i fitted a pci card to the computer, it only cost £17 new, and i instantly got 50 mbps

hope this helps

Please use plain text.