A regular I
maggie107
Helpful Answer

Padlock on wireless router vmdg280

[ Edited ]

Hi wonder if anyone can help me I cant find out what the padlock symbol does on my router. Like a fool I was turning my wifi off on the front of the router and accidentally pressed the padlock icon instead . This flashed green for a couple of seconds along with the wireless light.  The wireless light stayed on and the padlock light went off . I just wondered if I had knackered my router up. I have looked all over goggle and cant find out what the padlock does. Does it let anyone use my router now that I have pressed it? I have looked on my laptop and it says my connection is secure. Would be grateful for any help or advice on what I have done

Thanks

Maggie

Please use plain text.
Just joined
marmalade47

Re: Padlock on wireless router vmdg280

Please use plain text.
A regular I
maggie107

Hi

Thanks for the link call me thick but I still dont understand sorry.  All I really wanted to know is  because I pressed the padlock and it flashed green then went off . can people who see my ssid name can they connect now to me? am I unsecure because I pressed the padlock ?

Please use plain text.
A regular I
maggie107

Anybody ?

Please use plain text.
Knows the ropes II
Bri_G

No, don't worry.

If you buy a new laptop and want to connect it wirelessly you press the padlock then enter the password on your laptop (laymens terms). It flashes for a few seconds waiting for a connection from the laptop, if no connection is established it stops flashing and goes back to normal.

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
A regular I
maggie107

Thank you so much for putting my mind at rest Bri_G
Please use plain text.