Fresh as a Daisy
ptrvns

“”PROBLEM”” CONNECTING TO SAMSUNG TV

The TV is Model UE40C6510uk

The Dongle model is  WIS09ABGN

I am running on XP home edtition

The TV manual states that the dongle model I am using is correct

I got the network info to input on the TV by  typing cmd in the run box then entering ipconfig/all

After inputting the details the TV and computer show these messages

TV

Physical connection established but not working.

Check TV or connected device network settings

Computer

Windows system error.

There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network

The first IP address shown was 192.168.1.2

After I got these messages I disconnected the dongle and repeated the ipconfig command. This time the address had altered to 192.168.1.3

The submask,gateway and DNS server stayed the same

Can anyone suggest a solution???

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Dave_O

Re: “”PROBLEM”” CONNECTING TO SAMSUNG TV

Hi ptrvns,

"I got the network info to input on the TV by  typing cmd in the run box then entering ipconfig/all"

If you copied this information directly into your PC, it's likely that you're trying to assign the same IP address that is already assigned to one of your PCs to your TV, hence the error message There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network.

There should be an option on the PC to allow for automatic allocation of DNS servers and IP address, and this would be the option you'll need to have the TV connect properly.

Thanks.

David Owen
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.