Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
alistairb

New laptop fails to connect to Superhub via wireless connection

Hi

Have just purchased new Acer laptop.

I can connect to internet with Ethernet cable but it does not pick up the Superhub on wireless connection.

I have tried following with no success:

- Checked Wireless Driver for updates (current version is 9.2.0.432) - this is latest version.

- Reduced 802.11 mode to 145mbs from 300 mbs, and also to 45 mbs

- Using WPA2-PSK[AES] security mode

- Have rebooted laptop and superhub

I have added the wireless network manually (three times!) and still it does not appear it 'available network list'.

We have another laptop which connects no problem. It picks up the Superhub and connects automatically.

Any assistance would be hugely appreciated

Many thanks

A

Please use plain text.
Superuser
adacom

Re: New laptop fails to connect to Superhub via wireless connection

try turning wifi security off on the superhub - if laptop connects then then its a security mis-match - if not i would supect drivers even though you have updated them

dont forget to turn security back on after you have tested it without

Tony
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
alistairb

Thanks for this.

Turned off security and still no joy. Would be grateful for any suggestions regarding the driver. Do I need to install/add a new one?

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Superuser
adacom

try an update via control panel - you could try and force it by uninstalling it - are you 100% sure wifi is turned on - check in bios - daft question i know but its getting that way i think - if not that check on Acer site - it does not sound like superhub - do you have access to wifi anywhere else to check

Tony
Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Mark_Wilco

Hi alistairb

As you have 1 device connecting this isnt an issue with the superhub, likely an issue on the device itself. If you are still having issues please call our support team on 151, they will guide you through checking the connection on the laptop.

Mark_Wilco
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.