Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
Stevieb85

Netgear wireless n cable gateway VMDG280

Ive had this VM wireless for several months now and I'm having nothing but trouble,
My internet always disconnects I have to reset the router 3times a day, it runs as slow as anything
My mobile connection is just as slow
Please sort this out otherwise I'll be leaving
Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

Re: Netgear wireless n cable gateway VMDG280

What have you tried to sort it out so far?
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
BRUN

see here the post by ceptic, its improved mines reliability but the range is still rubbish

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Wireless/Intermittant-wireless-on-all-wireless-devices-ethernet-...

id advise using a free app such as wifi analyser to see what other wifi is operating near you so you can pick the most suitable channel, on one of the channels on mine i get connection ok but no actual internet whatsoever

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Stevieb85

I've been told to disconnect it over night the next day it'll b fine it's ok for 10mins then dead again just waiting for this page to refresh has taken 5mins
What else can I try?
Please use plain text.
Superuser
adacom

[ Edited ]

you could try ringing retentions - 150 from VM phone option 5 option 2 - they are the i want to leave dept - they also do many other thinks

tell them you want a super hub but at no cost to you - if you are pleasant with them most things are possible - it may or may not improve what you have today wifi wise - but it gives the the option of modem mode which means you can add your own router and that will ceratinly solve all your problems assuming your connection is good and you dont have high utilisation in your area

Tony
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Stevieb85

What else can I do?
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
Darren_G

Hi Stevieb85,

I have sent you a Private Message. We'll be happy to progress things for you once we have received your reply.

Darren_G
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.