Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Padawan
floppitydoppity

Re: Netgear router keeps dropping out.

i have the virgin media hub.  doesnt seem very reliable!!! have to keep turning off the wireless and putting it back on again.  Am i entitled to ask for a super hub? please advise!!  kids are going mad!!

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
cmcgarva76

Haaa, so it isn't an isolated problem as i was told yesterday by a tech on virginmedia/remotechat. I am channel hopping on my modem up to 25 times a day! The wireless signal in the bedroom only feet up the hall from the modem alternates between 1 and 4 bars at all times of the day. It really is as much use as a chocolate teapot. I actually had to threaten to contact the executives office... AGAIN... until he agreed to send me out a new router to try.

I'd be much better trying to connect the HTC phone, I phone and xbox to wifi using the chocolate hobnob i have in hand!!

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Cross86

Having the same problem here aswell, I'm on the Netgear router that was supplied by Virgin, every so often it will just disconnect wirless but stay connected via cable only started about the same time as a few have said on here in December and its becoming increasingly annoying as it never used to do it before hand and also with the previous router I had

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Mark_Wilco

Hi floppitydoppity

Can you try logging into the hub and changing the wireless channnel, it sounds like you have some wireless interference.

Mark_Wilco
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Padawan
floppitydoppity

How do I log into the hub and what shall I set it to? I did a search to see what other channels neighbours are using and we are the only ones using channel 1
Please use plain text.