Just joined
samarrai45

Netgear router DGN1000SP

I have problem with  the router  is hardly cover 5 meters  its N type 

my router which was ordered on17th October 2011 after the previous one, which I bought in 2008, developed a fault and Virgin informed me they would not support it. The new router, after 5 calls to your technical support was thought to be faulty , The problem persists, namely very poor WIFI cover, something, which I did not have with my previous old router Netgear Rangmax. I have spoken to technical support over 10 times and each time I am given advice to change the channel number. 

Please use plain text.
Whiz Kid III
Chris_K

Re: Netgear router DGN1000SP

Hi samarrai45

I have flaged this to our national team but you may want to have a look at this thread. Although the instructions will be different the issues will be the same

Regards,

Chris Kean

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Whiz Kid I
Mathew_W

Hello,

If you log into the router:

Open web browser(internet ex, firefox etc)

Delete the http:// address

Then type 192.168.0.1

Enter the username and password(the username and password are on the underneathof the router)

Once logged in on the left hand side you will see a menu, at the top select wireless settings.

Here you will be able to change/view the wireless setup.

The first things we recommend when dealing with wireless range is the channel. While we advise channel 6 or 11 I would suggest running thru each channel to see which one works the best. You'll need to click on apply each time you change it, and possibly reboot the router to make sure its taking affect.

Other settings on this are the mode which should be changed to b&g and secruity set to wpa-psk. Click on apply once changed. Reboot router.

This can help improve not only range but the speed of the wireless connection(but not over what your line is able to give you).

The other check I would advise to do, is to update your wireless drivers on your pc's/laptops, etc.

Kind Regards,

Mathew_W

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Whiz Kid I
Tristram_G

Hi samarrai45

If the advice Mathew has provided is a little hard to follow there is a free  online service that you could take advantage of the link is as follows.

www.virginmedia.com/remote-chat

This will take you to one of our online operators who'll be able to go through all the router settings and if the range hasn't improved they might be able to suggest that the router is faulty, and order a replacement.

Tristram Griffiths

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Please use plain text.
Just joined
paulbaxter5

I have got exactly the same issue with the same rubbish technical support.

I have never had an issue with any wireless router and i have had wireless in my house with multiple routers for the last 10 years. Technical support logon to my computer, change the SSID, channel, Security settings and ask me to monitor it for an hour. Surprise surprise 10 mintues later the signal drops! back on to 'Remote Chat' and the same changes again. I have had two routers both with the same problem.

Was this issue ever sorted out for you?

Many Thanks

Daley

Please use plain text.
A regular I
Mike_Brad

Hi paulbaxter5

Have you given any of the advise given in the posts above to help resolve this as there is a lot of helpful information there please give it a go and post back if you need more help.

Michael Bradley

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our service status and fault checker.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Just joined
sannatb

I have the same issues with Tech Support saying the Super Hub will only support 4 devices total (WiFi & Wired)
Utter tosh, I have never heard so much rubbish in my life trying to brush the hardware issue under the carpet
Please use plain text.