Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
arnie2011

Netgear WNDA3200 dongle wont connect to superhub

Hi their im Matt  i hope somebody can help me

I have the virgin media 50mb broadband with the superhub wirelessly on my desktop pc, ( the superhub is next to my pc and works perfectly.

Couple weeks ago i found out as i upgraded from 20mb - 50mb i was entitled to a free Wireless N adapter ( which i got through the post - it is a Netgear WNDA3200 model) ( I wanted this for my nethews laptop as its an oldish laptop so wanted to boost his internet speed

the laptop is running windows XP Home 32bit - i inserted the USB dongle when i got it and it installed fine but wouldnt connect.

I press the sync button on the superhub and then within 2mins press sync on the dongle and they both flash and everything - the window son the laptop says exchanging data etc but i keep getting different error messages. The messages iv had so far is:

Too many WPS networks detected

WPS timeout

now what does it mean too many WPS networks detected, i dont think i have any ova WPS networks, i only have the one wireless network, from my superhub to my desktop pc.

mmullen
Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: Netgear WNDA3200 dongle wont connect to superhub

If you are having any problems with the WPS setup, try using the WPA key that's printed on the back of the SuperHub and using the normal Wireless Connection setup in Windows to connect to the SuperHub

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Chris_K

Hi Matt

If your having problems with the push to sync featur I would try what BenMcr suggested. Just use the adapter as a normal wireless adapter manually select the network and enter the passphrase

Regards,

Chris Kean

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
maddaddy

Hi.......firstly I'm a new Virgin customer so this is my first post.I had my Virgin system installed yesterday and as my Desktop is fairly old and not wireless capable,the installer provided me ith a dongle.Now when he set it up it connected to the hub OK (albeit with a weakish signal) but when I tried to connect today I have had no luck what so ever and when I attempt tp synch I'm getting the timeout message.The computer is about twenty five feet from the hub on the same floor with one wall between them.......so is that whats causing the problem?Sorry for my complete ignorance on the subject.......hope someone can help.

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Mike_J

Hi maddaddy,

Rather than using the sync button, have you tried a manual set up like BenMcr suggested to the original poster? Does the PC pick up any other wireless connections in the area?

Regards,

Mike Jones

_____  

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
gvalcantara

Hi. Im having the same problem my usb wont sync and I have tried using both methods 1)push n sync 2)using the WPA key at the back of the hub. Both gives me a WPS timeout message. Please help!
Please use plain text.
Boffin
RichHW

Hi gvalcantara,

Please disable WPS and try to connect.

You can do this by following the steps below:

• Make sure that your computer is connected to the Super Hub via an Ethernet cable;
  • Click on 'Advanced Settings';
  • In the 'Wireless' table, click on WPS Settings;
  • Remove the tick next to 'Enable WPS' and
  • Click apply.

Please advise whether this helped.

Richard

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Superuser
AMWSmith

Just a note on this one. Windows XP Home and Pro need to have Service Pack 2 or higher on it to be able to connect to a WPA protected Wifi Network reguradless on the method use to connect. Best to have Service Pack 3.

Vista and 7 will work on WPA out of the Box.

Tony.
2X TiVo 500G (TV XL) 152Mb BB & Weekend Calls.
Please use plain text.