Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
AFreeman

MESSY CABLES

I went wireless & had an extra television added to our package a few years ago. I seem to have lots of wires to say I am on wireless broadband. Is it possible to book an engineer to come and check this for me and alter things if need be? What would the charge be?

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

Re: MESSY CABLES

usually 99 pound!
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

what wires do you have. its only wireless from the router to your computers you can still use wired if you want. you will still have wires from the outsizr box to the TV,s modems and phones
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
AFreeman

I have a white & a black box. I believe they are both routers but not at all sure. They are both connected to the electric & to each other. One of them is connected to the Virgin box on the wall (I think this goes outside). I will have to check later which one this is as I am at work at the moment. I really do not have much of an idea what it is all for!!!

Sorry.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

the one that connects to the virgin line is a modem. the one that connects from to the modem is the router.

They are all needed and you can't do that part wireless. the only wireless part of from the router to the laptops/PC.

WALL ----- Modem ---- Router ))))))))) Laptops/PC

---- = wire
)))) = wireless
Please use plain text.