Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
deicon

Kindle connection to Superhub VMDG480

I'm not the first to post this question but none of the suggestions from anywhere worked.

I cannot connect my Kindle through the virgin media super hub first I changed added the WAP id of the kindle to aloowed list no good then I changed the settings to allow all no good.

I have change the channel from auto to 1-11, changed the speed from 300mbps to 145 and 54 changed the band to 2.4, and various combinations of the above.

I have also set up a guest WEP network. I was going to try to set up Static rather than dhcp but I cannot find the router number which is required. Help!

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Chris_K

Re: Kindle connection to Superhub VMDG480

Hi deicon

What happens when you try to connect? Do you get any error messages at all? Can other devices connect?

Regards,

Chris Kean

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
deicon

Most other devices connect ok, I have had some problems with the wii but they seem to be fixed by using the guest network.

Initially I get a message saying that I was unable to contect and asking if I wanted to reenter the password or asking me to set up the network manually,  in the guest netwrok it thinks my password is incorrect.

Deicon

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Chris_K

Hi deicon

If other devices connect fine it is likely something to do with the kindle. Im not familiar with them myself but maybe it is incompatible with the encryption you have set up. It my be worth trying different encryption types

Regards,

Chris Kean

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
chris_hoddle

Hi,

I have had exactly the same problems with my kindle that I have tried to connect to the superhub.

It finds the wifi and asks for the password.

When I enter this it tries to connect nut says it is unable to.

Have retried several times but get the same every time.

Anyone out there have any suggestions that  an old silver hair might be able to follow?

Thanks

Chris

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
chris_hoddle

Have managed to conect at last.

On the kindle it is not the password that it requires but the SSID passphrase.

Hope that might be useful to others?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
deicon

Hi

When you say it's the SSID passphrase, where is that, is it that the virginmedia12345467 on the router, I've also tried the passphrase underneath that neither worked.

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
DJDevil13

just try setting the router to channel 10 this worked for me and when i logged on with windows WPA2 wont connet but use the same password and change to WPA and it worked

Please use plain text.
CDN
Fresh as a Daisy
CDN

[ Edited ]

Just installed a superhub and my Kindle would not connect until I changed the 802.11 mode (Advanced Settings - Setup - Wireless Settings) from "Up to 300Mbps" to "Up to 54Mbps" (all other settings left unchanged from the 'as delivered' settings).  Now connects OK (the reduced wi-fi speed isn't a problem as it's the only wi-fi device I use as the computers connect via ethernet cables).

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Graeme_H

Hi All,

I belive the Kindle is wireless 802.11b/g only. 

Quote from Amazon site

"Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, 802.11g or 802.11n (in b or g compatibility mode)"

So an 'N' wireless router will work but it needs to be set to b/g mode as CDN did sucsesfully in the above post. 

Regards,

Graeme Halvorsen
Help and Support Forum Team 

Please use plain text.