Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
allsorts

Keep losing Internet connection

Hi every one

I really hope you can help me as i'm not very good at this techno stuff.

I keep losing Internet connection and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it,

like times of the day or particular sites I use but it is constant and driving me crazy.

I have spent countless hours on phone support and have had remote access, I have

had the virgin media disc put on and taken off several times by various support people

and they have changed the channel as well, I sit in the same room as the modem and

router with no baby monitors in sight.

I have just had a new Net gear sent to me as the one I had packed up so was unable to

get on the net at all.

The last phone contact I had the manager told me it must be my card reader on my laptop

so my sister visited and brought her laptop and the same thing is happening she is losing

connection.

I  would be very very grateful for a solution to this problem even if I have to purchase new equipment or even a new laptop I'm just tired of chasing my tail.

Thank you :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Martyn

Re: Keep losing Internet connection

me to constantly....

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
rpsnooks

i have the same problem the service even crashed when i was talking to them about the issue on my voip phone but they didnt even recognised there was a problem!

thats the worst thing about virgin (or ntl/ telewest) when it all works its great but when it breaks down you can forget it, their customer service is as much use as a chocolate teapot. 

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Nitzah

Hello, I am having the exact same problem.

I tried changing the channel on my wireless router, but it did not improve and I keep losing the connection.

Anything else I could try?

Thanks.

Nitz

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
thikisdikis

hi

i had the same probs,due to bad advice from virgin h/s

1]..turn your router off for a minute   turn it back on making sure the wirless lght is enabled

2] ..type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar....u will be asked for user name and password

username is admin

password is password

3] connect an ethernet cable from  the router to your PC you should initially set up a WIRED connection

4]... click on  set up wizard and it should locate your connection type [ .PPPoE ]

it will then automatically set up your wireless connection.

you will have to temporary disable your firewalls hope this helps

thik...

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
spursvarsenal

pr

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
spursvarsenal

problem is mumbai useless useless useless usless they dont no or understand anything

Please use plain text.