Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Emerging Talent
vmallalieu

Internet connection keeps dropping out

For the past two days my internet connection keeps dropping out. it will be fine one minuet the next i will have no connection at all. I then have to reset my hub. It is doing it with laptops and x-box. I have checked my service status which say i have a good connection. Is there any reason why it is doing this?

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
vmallalieu

Re: Internet connection keeps dropping out

Also it is very slow and spends a lot of time buffering
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
jockdee

this happens to me too so await a reply. i'm in edinburgh area
Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Jason_G

Hi vmallalieu,

Can you login to your hub and check which wireless channel it is set to please? This setting will tend to default to Auto on older hubs, which is the one channel I would advise not using as it can cause issues pretty much in line with what you've described.

Kind Regards,

Jason G.
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
vmallalieu

Jason I do not know how to do that or understand what that means. You need to explain things without using tecnical terms 

Please use plain text.
Crafty
Jonnyboybick

I have also been experiencing the problem as of late, which channel do you suggest to use?
Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Lindsey_P

Hi vmallalieu,

On a direct connection to the hub please type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your browser (internet explorer/firefox/chrome etc) & press enter.

You should then be taken to a Virgin Media branded log in page - the default log in details are as follows;

username: admin

password: changeme

all in lowercase. - you're likely to encounter a pop up box at this point that tells you that the log in details are set to default and that for security we suggest you change them, click OKay. You'll see 3 red icons and underneath a link that says 'advanced settings', click the link. 

On the left hand side you will see a black menu, near the top you'll see a white link that says 'wireless settings'.... it's in here that you'll find the information previously requested.

I hope that clears things up a little more, if you require further advice please don't hesitate to post again.

Kind Regards,

Lindsey P

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.