Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
Acesouthall

Intel Centrino Advanced N 6230 issue with speed from Super Hub

I just got a brand new laptop with the Intel Centrino Advanced N 6230 in my new laptop. All other wireless devices within the house connect to the super hub with no issues. I am on 50mb and I receive speeds off no more than 200kbytes/sec, it maintains that speed for a second then drops back down to an average of 10kbytes/sec then drops out completely for 10seconds and it carries on that process. Other wireless devices hit speeds of between 2mbytes/sec to 5mbytes/sec.

The connection to this wireless adapter is appauling. 

It's not the card though. I've been in contact with Dell (whom I got the laptop from) and they have sorted it out with new driver downloads and software. I've tried another wireless connection with BT and the wireless connectivity is perfectly fine. The issue is with the Super Hub. 

What can I do?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

Re: Intel Centrino Advanced N 6230 issue with speed from Super Hub

open your internet explorer/firefox etc type in the addresss bar http://192.168.0.1 press enter

Username: admin 

password: changeme

click on advanced settings

also lower the mode from 300mpbs to 145mpbs can also help with wifi connection/speed

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Mark_Wilco

Hi Acesouthall

Can you tell us if doing this has worked? As you have other devices working ok this is going to be a setting on the superhub or an issue on the laptop.

Mark_Wilco
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
sayf

I have found a solution to this problem that does not include disabling anything on your laptop or router and will give you full 300mbps on wireless on on standard 2.4Ghz.

Dell & Intel have released a new driver that has a specific hotfix for problems with the Virgin Media Super Hub and the Intel 6230 wireless card.

From the Dell USA Support Website.

Fixes & Enhancements

1. Low performance w/BT on with Virgin Media Netgear Superhub 2. Degraded performance on Virgin Broadband with D-Link AP

1) Go to http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/usgen1/DriverDetails?driverId=686FH&deviceId=P1RRK&fileId=... and download the new driver set with the fix.

2) Uninstall the old driver or you can just install over the existing install (both work!)

3) Your wireless card will enable and disable itself a number of times during the installation, before finally locking on at full speed. The installation may take upto 10 minutes so go make yourself a cuppa or something while it does what it needs.

4) Congratulations it should be working now at full speed. It might need to restart your laptop but it worked fine for me without. Test it out on www.speedtest.net .

Let me know if this works for you!

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
GordonD

Genius.

Thanks a huge amount.

This download fixed the problem for me that I have had for nearly a year (Dell XPS 17 Intel Centrino N 6230) - see my post http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Wireless/Virginmedia-SuperHub-Incompatible-with-Intel-Centrino-c... )

Cheers

Gordon

Please use plain text.