Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
asda333

I can't connect to superhub

Hi Guys

I need help with my virgin media super hub, i can't connect my laptop to it, My laptop is not detecting the wireless network, it appears on the list then dissappears. I was able to then it stopped, then after trying some stuff it was up and running and then again it dissappeared.

my laptop can't detect the wireless network. i don't know why?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Superuser
griffin

Re: I can't connect to superhub

What wireless adapter does the laptop have?

The model of laptop would help to.

Can you gain access to the internet if you connect the laptop via ethernet cable.

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Leanne_K

Hi asda333,

Sorry to hear your having trouble with the superhub.

Have you tried changing the channel and mode to 145mbps within the superhub settings page?

You can do this by typing 192.168.0.1 into your address bar on your browser and logging in with the username/password on the label on your superhub.

Also is your wireless adapter upto date? If not id advise doing the latest update.

Also as asked below can you gain access to the Internet if you connect the laptop via Ethernet cable?

Leanne K
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Sandieo

[ Edited ]

I am having similar problems I am connected to the wireless but cannot access the internet or emails.  I have updated my drivers. I can access the internet if I plug the ethernet cable in to the laptop.  My iphone connects fine.

Can anyone help I have found virgin tech support less than helpful.

Sandie

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Peter_Li

Hello Sandieo, 

Since your IPhone connects fine to it, it's not going to be a fault with the SuperHub but rather with the Wireless on your PC.

What you could do is to change the encryption on your SuperHub from Wpa to Wep and see if that makes a difference.

Also, can your Laptop detect other Wireless networks? Try and change the channels on the SuperHub as well as that could be causing an Issue.

Peter L
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.