Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
CaHe

How do I get a replacement router?

[ Edited ]

I've been using the router supplied by Virgin but it has recently started acting up. The wireless connects for about 2 minutes and then kicks every connection off. It is then not even detectable in the list of wireless routers for another few minutes. When it does surface again, we just go around in circles with the same issue.

I can connect by ethernet to the router and that allows me to get online with one computer but not the others as they are too far away to connect by cable (plus we have 7 computers and only 4 ethernet ports).

I've got another router that I was using as a bridge for a media server that didn't have wireless, which I have now re-purposed to be connected to the malfunctioning router by ethernet and all of the other computers connect wireless to the second router.

I really need a replacement router from Virgin though. How do I go about getting them to send me one?

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
Alan_P

Re: How do I get a replacement router?

Hi CaHe,

A router has been sent to you, you should have this in the next few days.

Regards,

Alan Paul

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
CaHe

Wow, that was brilliant customer service. Thank you Alan_P.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
mdkerr

sorry to threadjack

on a slightly similar note

my installation was about  3 years ago and i got a cable router at the time, bought my own wireless router shortly after

this is now playing up

told my friends i needed to buy one and they said did you not get a wireless one from Virgin, phoned up hoping to at least get a discounted one, site had wireless g and wireless n ?? and a hub thing ??

was told to upgrade to XXL or pay £75! there's a wireless g router for around £35 online why am i being charged double by my provider ??

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
James_G

Hi mdkerr,

The price you have been quoted is the charge for the new Superhub.

The best thing to do would be to call customer services and advise them you would like a separate router and they will let you know the price and any other options there are.

Regards,

James Gilbert

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Adrianc8

Sorry for thread jack
I'm on similar situation
I'm writing this because Im not very sure whether I'm liable to get a replacement for my virgin' wireless router. It looks to me the router is broken and not working at all. We have five laptops in the house and none of us able to connect to it. We tried resetting, unplug and etc but to no avail. I would love to know from virgin whether we could get replacement as soon as possible .
Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
James_G

Hi Adrian,

If the router is faulty we will replace it if we supplied it.

Could you confirm if you can see the wireless network name when searching for networks?

Have you tried changing wireless channels in the config pages of your router? (you may need to try a few different channels before you find the best one for your network)

What lights do you have on the router and what colour are they?

What is the make and model of your router?

Regards,

James Gilbert

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
ZahinH

I am also experiencing problems with my wireless router as it keeps disconnecting a few times a day.

It is a NETGEAR WGR614V9 and I am aware that many have suffered from the same problem.

Am I to get this wireless router replaced please?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
VMCopperUser

They no longer give out routers.

What Modem do you have, and what package are you on?.

You may be able to get a free SuperHub or a free NextGenerationSuperHub...

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Read or Not ....
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
ZahinH

Really? so I'll have to buy one with my money because the wireless router they provided is faulty? :smileysad:

The modem is a standard virgin media one. The model number is E08C013.00.

I'm sure it is the wireless router that is causing problems though. Its a NETGEAR WGR614V9 which is known to have this problem.

We're on the up to 20mb package which is brilliant when the router doesn't keep disconnecting.

Free Superhub? That would be great. Do you know how I could get one?

Thanks
Please use plain text.