Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
newcastlelou

How can I change my wifi from WPA to WEP?

I've only recently gotten my Virgin wireless router (Netgear WGR614 v9) and I'd like to change the security from WPA to WEP so I can access my wifi using my Nintendo DS Lite.

I've tried typing in the username and password (following typing the appropriate number in the address bar) but its not recognised. Also tried the admin/password default but still no luck. Do I need to reset my router? And if so, when I set it back up can I do so without using the Virgin Media CD that came with it - would that make a difference? I don't want to reset it if I don't need to.

I've contacted Netgear but they said I would need to contact Virgin instead.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
bemusedmonkey

Re: How can I change my wifi from WPA to WEP?

Try doing a factory reset (hold the reset button in for ten secs) and then use the default username/password (virgin/password) however; I would really not suggest changing your encryption to WEP it really isn't that secure.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
RaiderRef

Re: How can I change my wifi from WPA to WEP?

To logon on to your Netgear WGR614v9 router , try username as virgin but the password is the one you originally used to set up your network.

That had me baffled for days, I was trying my username with my password or virgin/password and it didn't work.

Please use plain text.