Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Making Waves
iain43

Help! I've lost my wireless connection!

I got  the superhub installed last thursday so that I could  connect my laptop to wireless broadband..Everything worked fine for 3 days but suddenly the wireless connection was lost and i j ust can't seem to get it back again no matter what I try.I didn't change the settings or anything. I can still get a connection  through the ethernet cable to my desktop computer no problem...My laptop runs windows xp and has a belkin wireless adaptor installed.Anyone have any tips on what I could try to get my wireless connection back again?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
GarA

Re: Help! I've lost my wireless connection!

I'm having the same issues. It was fine last night, though very slow, but this morning I have no wireless on my laptop and on my desktop I'm getting download speeds of between 4.1 and 7.8kB/sec

Perhaps it's a Virgin issue rather than your equipment?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
marco83

ive been having connection problems for weeks now

just posted a new topic so hopefully i'll get some reply soon.

the support line is useless, answering questions from a list is not a display of technical knowledge.

would love to speak to a technician about the issue

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
iain43

I'll probably have to phone up the helpline again but the l ast time I did I found it so hard to follow the guy and I felt really stupid asking him over and over again what he meant .Also it costs a lot of money to phone them I think.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
iain43

I'm getting slow speeds on my  ethernet connection too.The orange light beside the hub ethernet port is on instead of the green light which apparantely indicates a 10MB connection when it should be 50MB.Maybe there are local issues affecting everyone,or maybe I have the wrong internet settings.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
iain43

Nobody that can help at all ? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
iain43

oh well justhave to phone the helpline again!

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
iain43

Miracles do happen! I changed my super hub back to factory default settings ,set up a new wireless connection to my laptop  and got my connection back! Don't even ask m e how I did it as I'm not quite sure m yself! Just hoping I don't lose it again any time soon!

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
Paul_M

HI iain43,

If you have any more issues please let us know and we will do our best to resovle them for you.

Thanks

Paul
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.