Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
mykalverde

Free Wireless N Adapter...?

Hi guys im new to the forums so just saying Hi :smileyhappy:

I recently got the 60mb broadband package installed with the superhub and unfortunately my laptop broke and it no longer has wireless capabilities. Another family member told me that they rang Virgin Media and got a N Adapter free of charge so that he could enable a laptop which only had g to work smoothly. Now i rang Virgin Customer services and the lad i spoke to was extremely unhelpful and just denied any knowledge of the wireless adapters and said i should buy a third party one from Comet or Currys.

So i was just wondering if i could get an adapter sent out free of charge to enable me to make the most of the brilliant broadband package i currently have?

Thanks

MykalVerde

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
Mark_Hig

Re: Free Wireless N Adapter...?

Hi mykalverde,

I have just ordered one for you so in the post so should get it early next week.

Kind Regards,

Mark Hig

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords. Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
mykalverde

Thanks so much Mark, will it be free of charge btw?

Thanks once again

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

does 60 get an adaptor free?
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
msurty

Hello Mark

I am also on 60mb bradband and have a pc upstairs that currently does not have wireless capability, could one be ordered for me too please as I have usb so this would mean i do not have to run a large network cable from downstairs to upstairs.

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Swt4ajp

jb66 wrote:
does 60 get an adaptor free?

only new customers on 60mb get it free :smileysad: shame i cant get one free lol

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
msurty

p.s i got  60mb about 2-3 months ago but was not advised or did not recieve a usb adaptor

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Jen_A

Hi msurty,

We have had this topic clarified. 

The free wireless dongle is only ever provided for 100mb customers. 

For all other broadband tiers, the dongle is chargeable.

My apologies if our previous actions have led you to believe otherwise.We have made sure that all of the forum Help & Support team is aware of this for any future instances. 

Jen_A
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
msurty

Hello again

I was on 50mb package (100mb after rollout) until 2 months ago when i moved to your new collections package..does this make a difference as i was on the 50MB package for over 2 years and never got a free adaptor. This can be verified by checking my account 

Mohammed

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Benjamin_T

Hi msurty,

As advised by Jen_A only 100mb Customers are entitled to a free Wireless dongle.

If you were on a 50mb package then speed doubled to 100mb you are paying for a 50mbh service so are not entitled to a free dongle.

I work for Virgin Media but my opinions are my Own
Please use plain text.