Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
Lynxifer

Force Update of the Firmware of a Superhub

Hello All.

I've had a quick google around in an attempt to solve this, but I've tried everything I could to no avail.

I've just had 30Mb Cable installed with the superhub, which was a small feat by the engineer, however I'm experiencing all the issues that everyone else has with the older firmware versions and am unable to get the Superhub to update to the latest version. I've tried leaving it unplugged for 30 seconds, 60 seconds, and even 10 minutes and it looks like it tries to, with the logs saying something along the lines of "SW Download INIT - Via Config file vca69834ncxv9873254k", however after a few minutes it will, without fail say "SW upgrade Failed before download -TFTP Max Retry Exceeded"

The Superhub is reporting version V5.5.2R19 (with r30 being the latest version). Is there any magical way I can force the Superhub to update, or update it manually, or perhaps some kind of setting I need to tweak?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

Re: Force Update of the Firmware of a Superhub

tried resetting the hub - http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=345041&CURRENT...

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Lynxifer

Yes, i've followed Virgin's instructions of 30seconds on the reset switch and 60seconds powered off, no dice

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Chris_K

Hi Lynxifer

Can you try holding the reset switch in for 30 seconds, power it off for 30seconds (with the reset switch held in) and then power it on for 30seconds (again with the reset switch held in)

Regards,

Chris Kean

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Topbuzz

> Can you try holding the reset switch in for 30 seconds, power it off for 30seconds

> (with the reset switch held in) and then power it on for 30seconds (again with the reset switch held in)

I have the same problem, I can't update the firmware on my SuperHub. Mine is still the old R30 release, I think the latest stable release is R25? No matter how many times or how I reset it/power off/on it won't auto update. I have wi-fi connecitons problems and hope the new release might solve my problems since I started using the Superhub.

Hardware Version 2.00

Software Version V5.5.2R30

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

[ Edited ]

Topbuzz wrote:

> Can you try holding the reset switch in for 30 seconds, power it off for 30seconds

> (with the reset switch held in) and then power it on for 30seconds (again with the reset switch held in)

I have the same problem, I can't update the firmware on my SuperHub. Mine is still the old R30 release, I think the latest stable release is R25? No matter how many times or how I reset it/power off/on it won't auto update. I have wi-fi connecitons problems and hope the new release might solve my problems since I started using the Superhub.

Hardware Version 2.00

Software Version V5.5.2R30

You have the correct and latest firmware version, which is why it won't update to anything else

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Topbuzz

You have the correct and latest firmware version, which is why it won't update to anything else

Are you sure?

According to this link R25 is the latest stable release back in Apr 2011. As I said I have R30. Is there a list of all the firmware releases?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

[ Edited ]

Topbuzz wrote:

Are you sure?

According to this link R25 is the latest stable release back in Apr 2011. As I said I have R30. Is there a list of all the firmware releases?

R30 was released in September 2011 http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-50Mb-broadband/Super-Hub-R30-Firmware-Release-13-09-11/td-...

The SuperHubs will normally always update to the latest version available, there is no way to select which version you have

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Jen_A

Hi Topbuzz,

The firmware you should have currently is R30. 

The new firmware is R36 and this is currently being beta-tested. Once the testing completes successfully, the release date will be announced.

Click here for more information on this. 

Jen_A
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.