Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
planky

Dlink Dir615 wireless router flashing globe

Hi,

I've just got virgin installed and the internet works when i have the cable plugged in to my laptop...

but when i try to set up the wireless router, the globe (i belive to say it's connected to the internet) is a flashing green globe..... it says that it needs to solid???

any ideas how to make this work.... as i've tried to carry on with the quick set up when it is flashing but just bombs out when it gets to the checking internet connection.

Thanks

Darren

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Ray_M

Re: Dlink Dir615 wireless router flashing globe

Hello Darren,

We have one of these routers in the office here in Liverpool. It's currently working fine with a flashing 'globe' light on the front.

The green globe light would indicate that the router has obtained a valid IP lease from us. Please advise what operating system you are running and also if you are using a Virgin Media supplied wireless USB adaptor or your laptop's in-built wireless adaptor?

Regards,

Ray Miranda
Forum Support

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
planky

Re: Dlink Dir615 wireless router flashing globe

hi,

thanks very much for your speedy reply.....

but i managed to get it going in the end.... i was getting a flashing orange globe.... but i think this was me turning the router on before the cables were connected correctly.....

as i turned it all off started agian and it worked ok.....

thanks again Darren

Please use plain text.