Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
AngelaRitchie

DLink Wireless Router

I have just replaced a faulty Linksys wireless router (It just stopped working) with a DLink Dir 655 wireless router.  I have gone through the DLink 192.168.0.01 internet set up procedures several times but I cannot get a connection.  Any suggestions?  Angela.

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Jen_A

Re: DLink Wireless Router

[ Edited ]

Hi AngelaRitchie,

When you log in to the configuration pages (via 192.168.0.01) make sure that you try altering the wireless channel.

By default this will be set to auto. Work your way through the wireless channels to find which one provides the best signal for your connection.

Ensure that your pc/laptop wireless card is compatible with the wireless encryption type setup in the router, I.E. wpa psk or wpa psk2. 

After setting up the wireless, reboot both the router and your laptop/pc.

Also check that your wireless card drivers are up-to-date.

Ensure you have an Internet connection (try connecting via ethernet). Find the Device Manager on your pc and the wireless card drivers will be listed under "network adaptors". Right-clicking on these will give an option to update the drivers via the Internet.

If you need further help, try the D-link website or contact them by phone.

N.B.(Clicking on D-link will take you to an external website that is not supported by Virgin Media.)

Jen_A
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.