Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
dks
Fresh as a Daisy
dks

Connecting epson sx235w to new super hub

Sorry if this is really dim but since virgin changed our router/modem to a superhub we cannot print wirelessly. I cant follow epson help (said I was dim) and cannot get printer to recognise new superhub any advice would be much appreciated thank you

Please use plain text.
Superuser
griffin

Re: Connecting epson sx235w to new super hub

Loos like your printer is still trying to connect to your old network.

You could try changing the hub's SSID ( network ) to the same name as your previous network by logging into the hub by using http://192.168.0.1  and changing the network name under wireless networks.

Can you use the printer's lcd panel to set your WLAN printer? (not familiar with that printer)

If the printer offers that feature you could check the WLAN settings, cheking that the network name is correct and everything else is set to auto.

If that fails you can try setting the hub's wireless security to WPA as I am not sure if the printer supports WPA2 security.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
ravenstar68

The device also supports WPS setup.

Press the Wifi button on the printers control Panel for 3 seconds, the Wifi Status lights should start to flash.

Within the next 2 mins press the WPS button on the Superhub -  (The round button with the Virginmedia logo) for about 3 - 5 seconds, the logo should start flashing.

The 2 devices should then pair up successfully without you having to worry about menually entering settings into the printer.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
griffin

I am a bit loathed to recommend setting up with WPS as it is unsecure. Saying that your router needs to be attacked for at least 2 hrs so the likelyhood of you being attacked is remote. You just need to be aware of it's vunerability

Please use plain text.
Superuser
ravenstar68

[ Edited ]

Hi Griffin

WPS via pushbutton does not require the PIN to be enabled, in fact the PIN method is now disabled by default.

So long as the user uses the Pushbutton method there should be no issue with regards to security,

(Unless a neighbour is spying on them and just waiting for them to push the button so they can link their device to it :smileywink:)

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Please use plain text.