Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
AlanCarleton

Connecting Blackberry to wireless

Hi,

I am trying to connect my Blackberry storm 2 to my wireless Internet connection through my d link DIR-615 router. I scan for networks and it find it no problem. However a message comes up saying "this wi-fi router supports wi-fi protected setup. To connect using a pin click next." My phone then generates a pin number and asks me to  enter it onto my wi-fi router. I can't find anywhere to put this pin into. I have been on the admin page, but can't find where to enter it. Help please, as my phone will be going through the window in a moment!!! Thanks :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

Re: Connecting Blackberry to wireless

hiya alan 

strange it should be the other way around since on the bottom of the router, there is a PIN numberand that sould be getting entered into your phone. i find the WPS (PIN) system really annoying and i just disabled it. 

to do this log into the router, open internet explorer type in 192.168.0.1 username admin password is left empty, press login.. choose wireless setup --> manual wireless connection setup and untick the very first box enable press save settings. 

this means when your phone goes to connect it will just ask for your security key eg passphrase 

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Siripen

I have the same problem but the username admin and blank password doesn't work for me. It looks like it doesn't regconise the username. How can I access this?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
cpoz

[ Edited ]

I just did this by

set up wifi connection ( in manage connections on BB) 

manually adding network

typing the network name ( SSID) found on the side of the router e.g. virginmediaxxxxxxx

typing in the passphrase also found on side of router 

didnt expect it to work but it did! 

All this is using the  virgin media supplied router don't know what you do with a different one . 

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Lee_G

Hi Siripen

You may have changed the default login details, to reset it back you can press the reset button on the back of the router for 10 seconds.

Regards,

Lee Grant

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
PerryGrin

Hi,

I found that when I tried to connect to my virgin media wireless box, I selectged cancel when asked to set a pin and then I was allowed to connect without.

However, I am unable to use the wifi network even though I am connected to the box. For example if I tried to surf the web the phone defaults to using the mobile network. This is not what I want!

Looking under the menu 'Service status'

Wi-fi network

Active profile:virginmedia*********

BUT

Blackberry Internet Service

Connection: Not connected

Blackberry Enterprise Server

Connection: Not connected

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.      

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Lee_G

Hi PerryGrin

Are you able to connect to the wireless hub/router using a PC?

Regards,

Lee Grant

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
PerryGrin

Lee,

Yes I can log into the wireless router.

Perry

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
gavmoulds

Hi mate...if you have the new netgear router...fairly cheap looking thin with no antenna then its easy.

Type,  192.168.0.1 into your browser address bar ,,,press enter / return

you will be asked for a username and password

username......admin

password....changeme

press enter

On the top left of the menu screen you will see,, add WPS client.

click this and then next

selct PIN and then you will be given the box to enter the pin which your blackberry generates

thats it

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
PerryGrin

Cheers Gav.

However, I'm not sure that this is the answer to my problem anymore. I've since tried to connect my blackberry to other routers (sky, BT) I can connect to each, no problem but I am not able to access the internet (no such problem across the mobile network). I'm awaiting a response from the Blackberry team at virgin now.

Fingers crossed

Perry

Please use plain text.