Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
Chrystal86

Cannot log into router to change settings

I am trying to log in to 192.168.0.1 to change channel as suggested in this thread: signal strenght is always poor - router problem??

I don't personally remember ever changing the password but when I enter username as 'admin' and password 'changeme' all I get is: User Name or Password is incorrect.

I have also tried entering a few passwords just incase I did change it, but no luck. How else am I going to get into my router settings? This low signal strength has been going on for months and is now starting to drive me INSANE, especially since the router is directly above where I sit in the living room (router is in bedroom directly above living room) and I'm literally 10 feet away, if that :manmad:

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

Re: Cannot log into router to change settings

if the default isn't working other option would be to reset the hub to defaults..

resettting hub 280 - http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=322888&CURRENT...

resetting superhub - http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=345041&CURRENT...

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
h106frp

What browser are you using? I find Opera (so maybe some others, some hidden security setting i suppose) have difficulty with the login screen similar to your description, in this case I just use IE just to log into the router which works fine.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Chrystal86

[ Edited ]

I do not have either of these, I have the router and modem? that was installed in April 2010... I believe the router is a D-Link. After quickly scanning the resetting hub 280 link I should imagine there will be a reset button on my d-link router. I shall give this a try later, thanks.

I have tried both IE and Opera and still cannot log in. I really honestly don't remember ever changing it, to be honest I don't even remember ever logging in to the router before... no one else has, my mum hasn't a clue about those types of things.

I do know that trying to get the 192.168.0.1 page to load takes an age! maybe that's normal. Oh, am I meant to be trying to access it via ethernet cable or will it work on the wireless laptop too? :womanembarrassed:

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

if you have a dlink 615 router -  username is admin password <left empty>  if that still says invalid/wrong

if you press and hold the reset for about 15 seconds, this will reset the dlink 615 back to defaults,but it will also wipe out all wifi security settings and these would need to be reconfig..

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Chrystal86

[ Edited ]

Thank you paultechy! I left the password box empty and I can now log in :womanvery-happy:

Please use plain text.