Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
daveyp

Cannot connect ipad 2 to internet

I have just bought an apple ipad 2 so that i can browse the web without having to switch my main desktop pc on. I have the virgin media vip 50 package so i thought i would have no difficuilties in connecting up straight away. I have a d link 615 router . The ipad can see my wifi router and asks me to put my password in but when i put the password in the ipad doesnt recognise it and will not connect me up to the internet. Will i have to reset the router and change all the settings as i think this is the only option i have. I am a bit lost when it comes to doing this as it seems to complicated to me. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
RossFenwick

Re: Cannot connect ipad 2 to internet

[ Edited ]

First of all you want to verify the password on the network.

You can do this by typing in http://192.168.0.1 into your internet browser on any computer that has internet access

Username: Admin Password : <leave blank>

Then proceed to wireless setup then manual wireless connection setup.

At the bottom of this page you should see network key and this is the password that you will need to type into the ipad.

If this doesnt work then you may need to change the wireless channel which can also be done on the same page.

Let me know if this helps :smileyhappy:

---------------------------------------

If I have helped you out please give Kudos!
Please use plain text.
Superuser
griffin

I would also check the wireless encrption method matches on the router and the IPad2.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
daveyp

Thank you very much the above solution,s have worked and now i can browse the web on my ipad. Thank you. 

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
James_G

Hi daveyp,

Thanks for letting us know your connection on the iPad is now working.

Regards,

James Gilbert

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Cholseyboy

Hi Ross,

I've tried to follow your advice, but when I access http://192.168.0.1 and type "Admin" as user name, the site (Netgear) insists on a password, which I do not have.

how can I get round this?

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

The above instructions are for dlink not net gear, you need to tell us what equipment your using? Most passwords are printed on the device
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
jojosteer

Hi, hope you don't mind me asking but I am having the same problem with connecting my ipad to my network, I have a DIR-615 router. My Mac and laptop were set up for me by the fella who installed the network, so I have NO idea what my password is to put in when the ipad requests it. There are various serial numbers and PIN numbers on the underside of the device... how do I find out with my actual password is? Help?!!! Many thanks, Jo 

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

If you visit 192.168.0.1 and put username in as admin (leave password blank) then go to wireless settings it will tell you, if for any reason you can't do that, you can reset the dlink by putting a pin in the reset hole and it will remove the password.
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
jojosteer

Hi there, thank you so much for your help... I've found the 'network key' which I presume is the password but the ipad is saying that it's incorrect. If I was to stick a pin in and reboot the router, to remove the password in theory, what are the consequences of that? Will I have to reset the whole thing from scratch? Y'see I don't want to be in a situation where I completely disconnect myself!!! As you are probably aware I am not technical in this sense at all.

jo

Please use plain text.