Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
hlmch2

Can I extend the range of Virgin super hub wireless by using extra wireless routers and if so how?

I have a virgin wireless super hub upstairs and wish to extend its range, if this is possible  how can I do this, I have a spare virgin wireless router and and also an airport express I do not use, as the superhub works well, will these help me extend the range of my wireless signal. I wish to get to the granny annex my mum lives in? (A room in our converted garage on our semi, not a bankers mansion ;-)

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Dcsmiling

Re: Can I extend the range of Virgin super hub wireless by using extra wireless routers and if so ho

I really hope someone helps you as I've spent most of the day trying to extend my superhub with an airport express and have failed miserably. I've followed instructions where I've found them within both virgin and apple communities - all to no avail. I then found this link http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-50Mb-broadband/Got-a-Mac-don-t-switch-to-Virgin/td-p/81429... so am now considering investing more in an airport extreme. Until the. I'll keep an eye out and if I find a way I'll share it. Good luck
Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Lindsey_P

Re: Can I extend the range of Virgin super hub wireless by using extra wireless routers and if so ho

Hi hlmch2,

It may be an idea to look into something call a 'home plug' as this would help extend the connection a little further out. This is something that we're able to support via the forum however you should b able to find plenty of information online or perhaps another forum member will be able to help you out.

Kind Regards,

Lindsey P

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.