Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
nadine

Blue light on D-Link wireless router

All the green lights from the front of my D-Link surouter have gone off and instead there a blue light on the right hand side. It appears to have a refresh symbol printed on it but nothing happens when I press it. I have found that switching the router off at the plug and then switching it back on seems to remedy the problem but this is bar by ideal. As soon as I shut down my netbook and disconnect from the internet, the problem recurrs.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Many thanks.

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Dave_O

Re: Blue light on D-Link wireless router

Hi nadine,

This button is used to synchronise the router with a specific wireless adapter, a function which we currently do not support. Is it possible that this button has been knocked accidentally? When you say that the issue recurs as soon as you shut down your netbook and disconnect from the internet, can you please clarify what you mean by 'disconnect from the Internet'?

Thanks.

David Owen
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
nadine

Hi Dave

I don't see how the blue button could have been knocked but I can;t be 100% sure of this.

Apologies for being unclear - when my netbook closes down, it automatically disconnects me from the wireless network connection. The wireless network remains available, with all the green lights displayed, for a while but then all the green lights go off and the blue light appears. When I want to reconnect to the wireless network (via my phone or netbook) I have to switch the router off at the plug and switch it back on in order for the green lights to come back.

Does this make any sense?

Thanks

Nadine

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
nadine

Hello Dave

Today, the blue light on my D-Link box has come on permanently - even switching it off at the plug won't sort things out - I can't get any of the green lights to come on!

When I switch the box on at the plug, the 'power' light flicks orange for a couple of seconds and then the blue light on the side comes on straight away - leaving me with no wireless Internet at all.

Please help!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

best idea would be then if you press the reset on the back of the router for 15 seconds, this of course will reset the router back to factory setttings, if then take a look at - http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Wireless/D-LINK-DIR-615-installation-disc/m-p/102677/highlight/t... guide i wrote on how to configure dlink. since there is ways to disable that button. 

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.