Settled in nicely I
willmachine

Best settings for a Belkin N router

Can anybody tell me the best settings for a Belkin N router? At the moment I get frequent connection drops and pages not loading properly and I think it maybe the router. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard III
Rose_R

Re: Best settings for a Belkin N router

Hi willmachine.

Is this only happening on a wireless connection? It may be worthwhile logging into the Belkin router pages and changing the wireless channel (the best one would really depend on what channel your neighbours are using).

Regards,

Rose Rafferty

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely I
willmachine

Hi Rose_R, the majority of my neighbours are using channel 11, I have changed the channels from 1-13 and am still having problems! 11 seems to be the best one which is strange! I connected my computer directly to the modem that seems to be quite slow in loading pages itself as well as not fully loading pages.

Any further help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Just joined
pendagon

Was having the same problem with my Belkin N, Changed the channel and Switched off the router  and turned on again and it has solved the problem. Thank you Rose_R

Please use plain text.
Whiz Kid III
Paul_M

Hi willmachine,

What is the model number of your router?

Thanks

Paul
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely I
willmachine

F5D8236-4 V3

Please use plain text.
Just joined
p_eastham

I'm interested to find out whether or not this issue was resolved...

My Belkin N Router (F5D8231uk4) worked fine with my laptop (via a wireless signal) for about 6 months, on channel 11 extension 5, until one night a fortnight ago when both the computer to which the router is wired and my laptop were using the internet.  

All of a sudden, the connection to my laptop was dropping on almost every link that I clicked and, even when connected, wasn't letting me access many sites. Strangely, on the router homepage, the channel was still 11 but the extension channel had changed to 7 and now there isn't an option to change it back. [The wired connection to the computer has never had too many issues.]

As a footnote, it might be worth mentioning that I've had this Belkin N Router on a VirginMedia connection for about 3 years, the first 2 of which were beset by problems similar to those I'm now experiencing, on the same laptop. Belkin technical support blamed VirginMedia and vice versa. I thought I had solved the issues by changing the wireless channel to 11-5, but the problems have now obviously returned.

Thanks, Paul.

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard III
Ray_M

Hello Paul,

As you are using a 3rd party router then we are limited in the support we can provide. It certainly sounds like its a wireless related issue as you are only experiencing problems on the laptop so it may be worth downloading and installing this free program (linked below) which will pick up any wireless devices local to you and will show you which wireless channels are less congested than others:

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider

Please be aware that this program is not supported by Virgin Media and also if you download and install it then you do so at your own risk.

Regards,

Ray Miranda

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please use plain text.