Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Emerging Talent
gavinhowlett

Best after market wireless access point to replace superhub

Hi All

Just a quick one ..... I have the **bleep** superhub that you cant walk more than 3m's away

would like your thoughts on the best longest range wireless access points please

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
hotfuzzybody

Re: Best after market wireless access point to replace superhub

Depending on budget there are a vast amount of solutions.

I would recommend a powerline + wireless plug kit solution.

Check out Edimax 200Mbps Powerline Wireless-N150 Kit for £39.99 including free delivery.

Simply network plugin to the superhub or your router, this will then run the network through your electrical plugs in your home to wherever you wish to plugin your wireless access point. All security protocols available. Competent network admins can configure this easily.

I would not recommend a single wireless repeater or booster product as they usually have more problems regarding bandwidth and weak signals.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
gavinhowlett

Hi Thanks

My friend has a TL-WA830RE TP-LINK that he said i can have what he recons is good,

really after the range as i want to get out in the gardern with it like my old virgin setup did.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
hotfuzzybody

would you be running this extender direct from the superhub using a small RJ45?

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
gavinhowlett

Hi 

At the moment i have put the superhub in to modem mode and am using the tp-link with a wire as an wireless access point what seems to work ok the range aint bad.

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
canadauk

Given the well documented SuperHub problems I'm using an old Belkin Wireless G router in Access Point mode connected directly to my SuperHub, which has wireless disabled, plus a TP-Link Powerline adapter also connected to the SuperHub and a TP-Link Wireless N Powerline Extender in the living room to add range. This is a reasonable combination but given the compact nature of the TP-Link Powerline Extender (ie no external aerials), its range is a bit limited. If you need range go with something with decent external aerials, but recommend PowerLine as an ideal means to set up a simple home network.

Please use plain text.