Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
amh
Fresh as a Daisy
amh

my virginmedia homepage

I've got loads of soap opera and celebrity stuff on my virginmedia homepage.  How do I get rid of it so I just see the news, weather and my links? Hope you can help.  amh :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Benjamin_T

Re: my virginmedia homepage

Hi amh,

Unfortunately there are no customisation options on the Virgin Media homepage.

I work for Virgin Media but my opinions are my Own
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
hoosty1

benjamin t says 'Unfortunately there are no customisation options on the Virgin Media homepage, yet if you follow some links, you will find a section that tells you how the team have worked hard listening to our feedback and have made customising our homepage by moving 'pockets' around as you would like them. i tried this by adding the weather, and when you click on save as homepage again, it's gone back to the virgin ,brochure', and that is all that page is, a brochure for virgin's goods and services. all other isp homepages have news and weather etc, why can't virgin ?

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Steve_Brett

Hi hoosty

Yes you can change the background colour, and move some of the stuff around by dragging it, but you cannot selectively display just the parts of the site that you want to view. You cannot add "The Weather" you can only add your location to the weather and provided you are not using extreme privacy settings for your browser, the location you set will be remembered next time you access the page.
Kind Regards,

Steve Brett
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
hoosty1

[ Edited ]

it may be that you missunderstood the question, so i will try again. i have two pc's, both are XP, and both have www.virginmedia.com set as homepage. one pc has all the info you would expect to see on your screen, like news, sport, weather etc. the homepage on the other pc is nothing but virgin phones, broadband, tv packages etc.

i have tried and tried to make this homepage like the other one, but no, it remains **bleep**. how can two pc's with the same homepage, running the same operating system be different. other than paying a bill, surprise, surprise, it is almost impossible to contact Virgin directly, and when you do you end up speaking to someone who can't speak proper. i can't wait for my contract of near £80 a month to end, the customer services at Virgin is the worst i've ever known, i'm sure if Richard B knew about it, he would crack some skulls.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

hoosty1 wrote: the homepage on the other pc is nothing but virgin phones, broadband, tv packages etc.
It sounds like you are on the non-Virgin Media Customer homepage. This only usually comes up when you visting virginmedia.com from a non-VM connection.
You can change to the other version of the homepage that has the weather etc on, by clicking the 'Customer hompage' link that is on the right on the page as shown below:

existing.JPG

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.