Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Making Waves
eddietew

cannot upload to ftp.webspace.virginmedia.com

I have never had any luck in the past getting my ntlworld web space created in the past.

But now have managed to get further now that webspace.virginmedia.com is available.

I have created myself an email account at virginmedia.com and this works fine.

I can access my web space vi IE ftp.webspace.virginmedia.com or using command line or ftpmax tools.

I can browse to my default index web page.

Logon appears to be successful. In command line ftp functions pwd, cd, lcd &  mkdir work. I have created directories and can see them when browsing in IE.

But commands such as put,get, ls,dir all give time out errors.

Although I can see files ive attempted to upload with zerobyte content.

VM Telephone support have pointed me at usual documentation but I cant find anything that is relevant to this issue.

Can anyone help please.

Eddie

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Pete_R

Re: cannot upload to ftp.webspace.virginmedia.com

Hi eddietew,

In order to investigate this further we would need to replicate the issue on our end.  Accordingly, could you plesae contact the support team on freephone 151 from a Virgin Media Landline or on 0845 454 1111 and ask them to refer the issue to 2nd line support?

Regards,

Peter Rafferty

Help and Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
eddietew

Thanks called 151 and all working fine now.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
eddietew

This fault has reoccured today. Can you check my setup or will I need to ring 151 again to pass this to 2nd line support

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Lee_G

Hi eddietew

If the symptoms are the same as before you will need to contact our Technical Support team on 151 from a Virgin Media line to get this investigated.

Regards,

Lee Grant

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.