Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
BobG

Password Protected Website Pages in RapidWeaver using Lockdown: Error 403

I'm trying to set up a password-protected website using RapidWeaver with the LogHound Lockdown add-in.  I get:

PWP - 403 Error You are not authorized to view this page

whenever I try to access password-protected pages.  The rest of the site works OK.  Can anything be done to make this work or is password protection on Virgin doomed to failure?

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
Paul_M

Re: Password Protected Website Pages in RapidWeaver using Lockdown: Error 403

Hi BobG,

To recieve support on this product you will need to contact the manufacturer.  YOu can get hold of them here: http://support.loghound.com/

Thanks

Paul
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
BobG

Hi Paul

I have contacted Loghound.  This is their reply:

"Lockdown creates a '.htaccess' file to protect your site -- The support at virginmedia should be able to look at it and tell you if they see a problem or if it's not configured right for their web server (it's pretty good about doing it but every so often I come across a web host that it can't sort out)"

So would you be able to check out the .htaccess file?  I would be most grateful.

Bob

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
Paul_M

HI BobG,

Further information for this problem can be found on our help site: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=F7F62126-3EBD-44D5-90A6-E104DCE3F2F3 

Thanks

Paul
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.