Menu
c4rm0
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

xbox one guide not changing channel

I have a xbox one and a Virgin V+ HD box and i have connected them together with the pass through HDMI cable so i can watch tv through the xbox and bring up the oneguide tv listings and change channel etc. During the oneguide setup it detected my cable box and i can watch telly and view the tv listings but when i select a channel it doesnt allow me to change channel this is with both the controller and the voice commands

Does anyone known what the issue is? Do i have to change the sat/cable box remote code? Currently its using C1877
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: xbox one guide not changing channel

Hi c4rm0,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

Whilst you will be able to view a picture and sound through this connection method, currently there isn't a way to control the V+ box with anything else other than the V+ remote control supplied.

As such, there isn't a code to get this functionality to work.  

If you have any further questions, give us a shout.  We're here to help Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
c4rm0
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply does it work correctly with the Tivo box? if it does whats the steps to get it swapped with a tivo box? My V+ box is knackered the HDD was making a clicking noise the other night so would be a good time to get it swapped out

Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Might be a good time to review your package then.. Smiley Wink

Give em a ring on 150, thinking of leaving us, speak to retentions.

Let them know you would like to upgrade to TiVo and review your other package options. Always pays to remind them you are a nice loyal customer and the big bad nasty Mr SKY is forever knocking your door to show you HIS latest TV box of tricks... and BT,Talk Talk et all....

If you are outside contract and not on a bundle, you may well save a bit and get the TiVo you would like. TiVo is included in most of the TV bundles now. Youll have to resign for the savings though- good for you, good for VM Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
sutt359
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have xbox one setup with my Virgin TiVo 1tb box and that works just fine changing channels.
0 Kudos