Menu
cybmole
Community elder
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

x-files season 10

i had hopes that somewhere in the hundreds of rubbsih tv-xl channels I would find a legal showing of the new x-files mini-series, esp. as the guardian managed to review episode 1 already.

no joy - it does now even show in a search of upcoming. I guess I  need to use the same torrent sources as the Guardian Smiley Happy

it is supposed to be on channel 5 in feb, but the tivo serach function does not find it.

and although we have all? the fox channels we still don't get what they get in USA

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: x-files season 10

As far as I can tell Channel 5 have not announced an exact date when they will start showing it, so not really a surprise it doesn't show up on the Tivo search function.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

However you could set up a Wishlist search for it's title or any of the actors in the show, and set the Wishlist to record new episodes only.

This would then automatically pick up the showing on Channel 5 as soon as it is scheduled.

EDIT: That's assuming you have TiVo.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

so how can a "respectable" UK paper - the guardian - have watched it and reviewed already - do they really use torrents ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Is it not normal for the media to get early previews of TV and films so they can review the material?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

Is it not normal for the media to get early previews of TV and films so they can review the material?

Yes, the journalist from the Guardian who did the review will have been sent advance copies of the episodes or attended a preview screening.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

It's even simpler than that - the authors of both the Guardian's X-Files blog and review live in the US:

http://www.theguardian.com/profile/sam-thielman

http://www.theguardian.com/profile/brian-moylan

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:

It's even simpler than that - the authors of both the Guardian's X-Files blog and review live in the US:

Brian's review is of the first three episodes and was published on Friday, before any episodes had been broadcast so he must have seen them ahead of broadcast.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Fair enough, didn't realise he'd seen more that one.

Had just thought even if they hadn't been sent advance copies, as they're US based it still means they could write reviews and blogs without using torrents.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

yes, I just rechecked the guardian, but this time from a PC browser, and not from my tablet app. on the PC's big screen it is clear that the review came from new york. but the Guardian app on my tablet chops off that left hand panel with the writer's location.

So to recap, we are back with the stupidity of UK fans being expected to blind themselves to any media coverage and to not read reviews for an unspecfied x weeks until C5 can be bothered  to show this...  I thought the studios had learnt from Homeland and from Game of Thrones that the only sensible anti-piracy solution is to screen within 24 hours of USA release in all other regions. Folks will wait a day and pay, but expecting them to wait a month is insane.

oh well . I see my advert-free HD download is finished...  ... dah dee dee dee dah dee...  the truth show is out there

0 Kudos