Menu
jaxxchris
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

wrong tv region

I live in GU14 but we get BBC london local news instead of our normal south region. how do i change to the correct region?

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: wrong tv region

What do you get on 858?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there jaxxchris, 

Thank you for posing this question, I've done some checking and the correct channel to show on 101 for your region is BBC London. The reason for this would be that your BBC channels are not specific to your post code region, they are dependant to the loop of cable you are connected to. I've done a check and your connection is provided by one of our London based loops, so therefore you would receive BBC London. It is not possible for you to change what channel appears on channel numbers. However if you turn to channel 858, you may find that another region be available for you. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
jaxxchris
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So sky, freeview, bbc and itv have all got it wrong by broadcasting and producing content local to me & Virgin have it right by providing me London content not local to me.
I wish I knew that before I joined as I would have known not to bother!!!

London weather, travel and news is of no use to me.
DigitalUK say I'm in meridian region and should receive bbc south today and meridian itv. It's what we've had for decades, even on previous ntl service.

If this can't be sorted out I will be looking to leave.
0 Kudos