Menu
Mojean
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

why no subtitles on catch up TV? an

I have made several queries re: subtitles unavailable on catch up TV only to be told they are not available may be in the future 

Surely this is discrimination against the deaf and hard of hearing community after all this is Deaf Awareness Week when is Virgin Media going to correct this as we are paying for a service we are unable to fully use?

Any other hearing impaired agree with me ?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: why no subtitles on catch up TV? an

Hi Mojean

Thank you for your post regarding subtitles being unavailable on our Catch Up TV service and welcome to the forum.

Virgin Media  is always working to improve accessibility for all and has a dedicated program supporting this.  I have messaged our team to see if I can find out more information on the inclusion of subtitles into the Catch Up TV service.

As soon as I find anything out for you I will let you know.

If there is anything else I can help with then please let me know.

Thanks again

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: why no subtitles on catch up TV? an

Hi Mojean

Thanks for your patience in waiting on a reply from me here. I've had some feedback on the Catch Up subtitles service that I'd like to share with you below.

We remain dependent of the programme suppliers to add subtitles.  If they do this then we can show them, so it is possible to watch BBC Catch Up shows with subtitles, instructions to do this are below:

1. Find an show to watch that is a Catch Up show (one that has been shown in the last 7 days)

2. Start to play the show

3. Press arrow down to get the transport bar at the bottom of your screen

4. Arrow right to the S (for subtitles)

5. Once S is highlighted click OK on it and Subtitles will be on for this and any other shows watched from that channel provider.  To switch them off again just repeat the above.

If I get any further updates on this I will share with you in due course although this may take some time.

Again my thanks for your patience here and if there's anything else I can help with then please let me know.

Thanks again

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos