Menu
mpw007jan
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

why is virgin media so bad

I had NO broadband or tv most of new years eve and new years day. But the only call I got from Virgin Media was a week later only to sell me more services. When I explained I was going to leave and go to Sky they said the would give me a call back.

I tried to get something on catchup tonight but got an onscreen  message not available.

Every time I phone 150 I get an automated message press 1 for blaaa blaa blaa etc

I have had an account for many years but when things go wrong and you dont get the service then you know its time to go and this is the time

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: why is virgin media so bad

What happens when you get through the automated menu and get to reporting a TV Fault?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
mpw007jan
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When I get the automated responce it asks me if its tv press 1 so I did then it asks if this is the phone relating to the account press 1 so I did and then it goes to a "robot" and i get the message your tv and broadband in the area -and gives my postcode- has a fualt an engineer is on the way and the fault will be fixed by 1 am.

i rang again 4 hours later went through the same proceedure but was told 8 am

so I rang the next day still not fixed and told  mid day

i rang again later and was told 8 pm at no point did i speak to a human until a sales person rang to sell me more services when I told her I had rang she informed me the calls were not registered.

maybe this is why an automated system is in place so all complaints are not registeted.

I am still waiting for an appology and explanation to why I was without services at a crucial time but maybe Virgin are not bothered about my 60 quid monthly  payment. I have been offered cheaper packages from sky

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If it's a known area fault, then the automated message means they know about it.

What happens in a lot of cases is that people assume an area fault has been logged when in fact it hasn't.

I'm surprised it didn't then let you through to the menus to talk to someone - As you were in an affected area, some sort of service credit should be applicable.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello mpw007jan,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn you were without your services over New Years.

There may of been a fault in the area but it's difficult to diagnose unless you reported it to us at the time of the fault.

I have located your account and all the signals to the box are looking good at the moment so please let me know if you're still experiencing any issues.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos