Menu
glospurs
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

why has vm stopped putting detailed info about what actors are in films on all movie channels?

Why has vm stopped putting more info on what actors are in films? & if a comedy etc?

annoying!!!!

RegPither
Tuning in
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: why has vm stopped putting detailed info about what actors are in films on all movie channels?

I asked the same question on here yesterday. Not just actors are missing, but dates of films, too. Let's hope we get some sort of answer that makes any sort of sense! :-D

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: why has vm stopped putting detailed info about what actors are in films on all movie channels?

Hi both,

Thank you for your message, i hope you have both been keeping well.

Can you please tell me where you're seeing this through the TiVo's menu?

Keep in touch

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
glospurs
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

no on v+ box

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

glospurs wrote:

no on v+ box

Then I wonder if it's a further EPG limitation of the memory starved V+HD box - not enough space in RAM to hold the details.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
glospurs
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

i do have a tivo box upstairs & did check after you asked me what box i had, & yes details are on there!!

but i hate the tivo box!!!! nowhere near as user friendly as the v+ box!!

so annoying that vm are not letting us with a v+ box have the same info as tivo!!!! they still take my money!!!!

0 Kudos
dduk100
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

It's not just on films though. I'll give you a couple of examples.

124 CHRISTMAS GOLD: 14:55 Porridge: Programme Information: Sitcom set in Slade Prison where Norman Stanley Fletcher is serving a five year term for burglary.

128 DRAMA: 11:00 The Bill: Programme Information: Police drama series set in Sun Hill.

That programme information is about at useful as a chocolate kettle, as it doesn't give any specific episode info, like it used to on the V HD box. I used to be able to recognise all episodes of Only Fools and Horses on GOLD from the Programme Information, but when looking at all the episodes last Saturday, all the info had been re-written, so if was sometimes difficult to work out which episode it was.

It's like that old saying, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it', so why have you decided to fix something that was working fine?

Thanks.

glospurs
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

so agree with you!!! its most channels!!

but if you had a chocolate kettle @ least you could eat the chocolate!!

what vm has done is appalling to us loyal v+ box users!!

do you have a tivo box or have you looked @ 1??

i do not want or need more hours to save on the  box, when am i supposed to watch everything??!?! have enough trouble watching what i record as it is!?!?

i like the interactive section on the tivo box & i also have the option to record stuff onto dvd if i want to, cant do that on tivo!!

could go on & on re tivo, but i wont!!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The V+HD box is old!
They barely have enough RAM to store the programmes for 24 hrs, let alone all the additional info.

Virgin Media stopped supplying them with new contracts 4 years ago, and they're on the way out.

What is it you're not liking about the TiVo?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
RegPither
Tuning in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

OK, so if it is a memory issue on the V+ box, what suddenly changed in the last two or three weeks that made them run out of it? What new info is on there that's using up the memory that used to be supplied to give us proper programme details? 

0 Kudos