Menu
ann1e
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

where have my recordings gone now that VM have ,Improved, their service

Since the "upgrade" by VM I cannot locate my recorded tv programmes, does anyone have a clue cos VM seem to be refusing to reply

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: where have my recordings gone now that VM have ,Improved, their service

ann1e wrote:

Since the "upgrade" by VM I cannot locate my recorded tv programmes, does anyone have a clue cos VM seem to be refusing to reply

Some clarification might be useful, e.g. what update? 

Are you saying that "My Shows" is no longer available? What contact have you had with VM?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Plastivore
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

From what you're saying, I take it you've been upgraded from a V+HD to a TiVo box?

If you now have a TiVo, you can get to the recordings by using the 'My Shows' button on the remote control.
0 Kudos
mphippen
Dialled in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What happens when you press the V+ button? What do you see?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You should just be able to press the V+ button on the remote, & Recorded Programmes should be the top option. If this option is missing then you have a firmware fault that needs looking at.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

ann1e wrote:

Some clarification might be useful, e.g. what update? 

Are you saying that "My Shows" is no longer available? What contact have you had with VM?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Plastivore
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

From what you're saying, I take it you've been upgraded from a V+HD to a TiVo box?

If you now have a TiVo, you can get to the recordings by using the 'My Shows' button on the remote control.
0 Kudos
ann1e
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No I haven't changed to Tivo, Virgin have just "Improved" (I think that was the word they used) the menu board for TV programmes but there is no longer the ability to click on "Recorded Programmes". That option has completely disappeared. The yellow button is still there but goodness knows where the selected programmes are stored. It used to be so easy, I would come in from work and click through my recorded programmes and sit back to watch my own choice of rubbish for a few hours. Now they are nowhere to be seen. Any help gratefully appreciated. I'm sorry I don't know what "MyShows" is.

0 Kudos
mphippen
Dialled in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi ann1e,

Which box do you have, and what attempts have you made to contact VM? My secondary box is a V+ HD so I might be able to help if you have the same.

0 Kudos
ann1e
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have a V+BoxHD, have had for a few years now. Tried contacting Customer Services from website but got no response, tried to have a webchat with customer support but after 3 days have still had no respone, always get "try later". Haven't phoned as no longer have Virgin phone & call charges are horrendous. I have always recorded favourite progs to watch when it suits me or if away, but option of "RECORDED PROGRAMMES" no longer shows on the menu.I can see that a programme is being recorded because the red recording light comes on at the set times Thanks for your offer of help

0 Kudos
mphippen
Dialled in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What happens when you press the V+ button? What do you see?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You should just be able to press the V+ button on the remote, & Recorded Programmes should be the top option. If this option is missing then you have a firmware fault that needs looking at.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
ann1e
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

BRILLIANT, everything is there. Thank you so much, why on earth didn't VIRGIN tell me that.

0 Kudos
ann1e
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant, thank you so much
0 Kudos