Menu
MissLindsey
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

when will TBN uk be available on virgin media? freeview customers already have it

Please confirm when virgin media customers will have access to this channel?  customers on freeview already have it but my TIVO  is not picking it up

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: when will TBN uk be available on virgin media? freeview customers already have it

Just because a channel appears on one platform does not automatically mean it will appear on all the others, be it free to the customer or not. Virgin negotiates with many broadcasters during the course of the year, but what you have to bear in mind is Virgin is a pay platform with effectively no free channels. As they charge a subscription this is a different model to Freeview or Freesat, where the broadcaster just pays for a slot on the platform. In many cases it actually costs Virgin money to distribute a channel on its platform.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
MissLindsey
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: when will TBN uk be available on virgin media? freeview customers already have it

thanks for your insight. Hmmm makes me think that switching to sky might be a better option. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

You can't get it on Sky either. TBN UK is currently only available on Freeview. TBN Europe has been available for sometime on Sky channel 583 but there are currently no plans to launch the UK version on Satellite.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
MissLindsey
Tuning in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding.

My main argument is that at least Sky hosts at least 30 Christian channels and I think they are free to watch, am trying to watch 'clean TV'  (you are what you eat or in this case what you behold) so I will look into it . My understanding is that Virgin only carry God TV, which is not on my M+ package.

TBN might not matter to the average customer but I am on a spiritual journey....and I was really excited about the prospects of it being available. So I will  have to evaluate my options!

It's just anticlimactic ! 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Free channels on satellite are nothing to do with Sky, The broadcaster pays the satellite company (SES) for a transponder slot, & then decides what EPG slots they want, & pay a nominal fee to Sky or Freesat if they want a "listing" on their boxes. You don't even need a Sky box to receive them. You can tune a Freesat box manually to the channels (Inspiration TV, GOD Channel & TBN Europe are on the EPG anyway), or even buy a Free-to-Air receiver from an independent dealer.

Quite a few go down the Freesat route, as you don't have to pay for the basic HD channels, & you don't get bombarded with Sky's hard sell constantly trying to get you to upgrade to their pay packages.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I agree with Lindsay,as a Christian we ought to have more christian channels. If one does not like it you don't need to watch it. Why do virgin have so many wrong channels yet we can't have an excellent religious channel
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

anthony_b wrote:
I agree with Lindsay,as a Christian we ought to have more christian channels. If one does not like it you don't need to watch it. Why do virgin have so many wrong channels yet we can't have an excellent religious channel

You being a Christian has nothing at all to do with the channel line-up that VM offer.

What does, however, is the channel's willingness to negotiate with VM to permit their content to be broadcast on the cable network. Until that happens, then there will be no more Christian channels than there are at present.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

like Lindsay, I will be contacting VM to show my support for more Christian channels 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

anthony_b wrote:

like Lindsay, I will be contacting VM to show my support for more Christian channels 

You're talking to the wrong people - you need to contact the Christian channels to persuade them to talk to VM in the first place.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos