Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 12 (228 Views)

when to expect my Samsung TV

I have been with Virgin for 1 month now and coming from a slow BT line I am not noticing any improvement now with my New Virgin Broadband. In fact the opposite I found my son last night sitting in the spare bedroom with his laptop because he can't get a connection in his bedroom which he did previously with BT. Internet feels as slow as it ever was under BT. Also we should receive a Samsung TV after 28 days when will we receive it? (Your free gift will be sent by courier 28 days after your services are set up, as long as you don't cancel your order between now and then.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12 (187 Views)

Re: when to expect my Samsung TV

Hi K1CNR,

Thanks for your post and a huge welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new face posting here. 

I'm sorry to hear you've not yet received your TV. This can sometimes happen but we are more than happy to chase things up for you. 

I have filled out an exception form for you and this has now gone over to the Rewards team. They will check your account to confirm eligibility and they'll come back to me in around 3 days.

Once I hear back from the team, I shall let you know the outcome. 

With regards to the wireless, I've gone in to the account to see if there is anything obviously wrong here and I'm not picking anything up at the moment. All signal levels and power levels are right and there are no timeouts either. 

As you have this connected via your wifi network it's worth seeing if changing the wireless settings may help. This link will help you check these: Wifi Tips

Wireless can be very temperamental so you may find that you need to change the channel every so often to keep getting the best out of your connection. Another tip is to make sure that your router isn't close to anything that may also be sending out radio waves, such as TVs, cordless phones, baby monitors. Try to keep your router as far as you can from large or dense objects, (like fishtanks, furniture), reflective or shiny surfaces, (like windows, mirrors), and also walls, especially thick ones made of concrete or brick.

The best thing you can do for your router is to give it space as the more space immediately around your router, the better its signal can spread, therefore creating a better connection.

Come back and let us know how things go.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 12 (174 Views)

Thanks for the update reference the Samsung TV I was told I would receive for signing up I copied and pasted some of the text from the email I received on February 3rd.
I also have s reference number which I am unsure is wise to give on s forum.
Regarding the broadband speed it is no quicker than a disappointing BT infinity 1 only achieving a download speed of low twenties.
I did a speed test on 11th March which I have screenshot I did three all roughly the same, not exactly super fast 27.54 download and upload 12.02.
I have only recently had the installation and the router is sitting in the same place as my BT router. The installation engineer did not raise any concerns its position.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12 (155 Views)

It is possible that this loss is over wifi. Try connecting directly into the router from the laptop with the Ethernet cable that came with the router (normally a yellow one I think) try speed test again and you will find this is a more accurate reading.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12 (148 Views)

Hi K1CNR, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this for you. 

The team have come back to say that it looks as though the offer that was accepted was for a tablet, not a TV. I will need to raise this further for you. 

In order to do that I will need a copy of the confirmation order showing the TV as the gift selected. I have sent you a private message with an address to send the email to. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

With regards to your broadband, once we've gotten this issue dealt with, I'll assign this to a member of the broadband team who can help you with the slow speeds. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12 (144 Views)

Hi K1CNR, 

Thanks for your email Smiley Happy 

The one you have sent over is only the one relating to a 'promotional gift' not showing the TV. 

The email I will need would have been received just after you ordered your services and will show the TV under the promotional offers section. Unless I have this email, we won't be able to raise this any further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 12 (90 Views)

I was offered the Samsung TV when I took the VIP package that was installed on the 3rd April I have heard nothing since and the online chat told me I was getting free channels, I know what I was offered but can't find where it is on the order?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 12 (90 Views)

I have the same it just say welcome promotional offer but I was definitely offered a TV

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 12 (59 Views)

I had email last Tues saying my gift (TV) was on the way with a tracking number that I couldn't track through Virgin's delivery partner - Exertis. Nothing has happened since though. Not sure where the hold-up here is almost 5 weeks on since switch on?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12 (40 Views)

Hi Deb60, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I have already replied to your post via your thread here: No Free Samsung TV then :-(

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos