Menu
eltel651
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

virgin tv

Hi

I am thinking of changing my tv package from sky to virgin. Is it any good  Have they got the red button for Sky sports so you can choose which football match you want to watch. Also have they got the full surround sound with HD.

Regards

Terry

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: virgin tv

Yes, Virgin does carry the Sky Sports Red Button services, & "should" carry all the audio facilities of the channels provided, although there are some posts I have seen about one make of TiVO box having issues.

What you won't find on Virgin are the plethera of free channels that are available on satellite. The majority of the most popular ones are there, but Sky operates on an open satellite platform where they don't actually control the free channels that are available. They just like you to think they do. There are a handfull of Freeview DTT channels missing, & on the subscription side there are several channels (like Sky Atlantic) that are not available either because Sky will not wholesale them, or they have an exclusive carraige deal with the channel's owner.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: virgin tv

Yes, Virgin does carry the Sky Sports Red Button services, & "should" carry all the audio facilities of the channels provided, although there are some posts I have seen about one make of TiVO box having issues.

What you won't find on Virgin are the plethera of free channels that are available on satellite. The majority of the most popular ones are there, but Sky operates on an open satellite platform where they don't actually control the free channels that are available. They just like you to think they do. There are a handfull of Freeview DTT channels missing, & on the subscription side there are several channels (like Sky Atlantic) that are not available either because Sky will not wholesale them, or they have an exclusive carraige deal with the channel's owner.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile