Flag for a moderator

v+ recording clashes

Please can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here:-
planned recordings and length of programmes
9pm - 1hr 30 mins
9pm - 1hr
10pm - 1hr
11pm - 1hr

No extended timings but 10pm and 11pm programmes say that there is a clash and won't set to record. It's driving me mad that I can't see why
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: v+ recording clashes

Are any of the recordings on the same channel as any of the others, or are they all seperate channels?

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
lindzi
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi
they are all different channels
0 Kudos
praxis
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

From what I can remember V+ can record 2 channels while watching a 3rd so your issue is your first recording is 90 minutes so your second is 60 minutes you are then trying to add a 3rd + 4th recording while recording 1 & and 2 are still in play. Try using +1 channels for multiple recordings that way you can space them out better
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Appreciating what praxis has said, what you are trying to do should work. The only time it has ever failed for me is if consecutive recordings are on the same channel. The V+ should simply dispense with any padding that has been set.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

lindzi
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your replies, I think it should be okay too as only recording 2 shows at any one time so can't work out why it's throwing them out. It is a refurb box so maybe that's the issue.
0 Kudos