Menu
stiv1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

v box

The hard drive from the new v plus which was forced upon us is unbearable no matter how much we lift, pack and screen it. is there any chance we can please have our v box re-commissioned?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: v box

You no doubt had a V+ installed as standard V boxes are now to all intent & purposes obsolete. Even the V+ boxes are refurb units, so having another of these or upgrading to TiVO are the only options now. Once your replacement box is activated & paired with your viewing card, the old one is wiped off the system & cannot be re-activated.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi stiv1,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your V+.

I'd like to get a technician to take another look at this for you, maybe replace it again. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
stiv1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo makes the worse irritating noise, the hard drive makes the dum dum noise every few seconds.  I am well and truly stuck with what I can only describe as poor products which does not say much for virgins quality control for allowing them to enter their supply system in the first place.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi stiv1,

Sorry again for the trouble you've had. If you check your private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) I can arrange for a technician to sort this out for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos