Menu
marko64
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

v box password reset

I am billed for a Tivo and an additional v Box, the V box has had a password set or changed and I have several channels blocked and lot of recordings asking for the password.

I've followed the "on box" instructions with no joy, I rang Virgin about two years ago and they told me the additional box is not supported.

Thought I'd register on here and ask one last time, it's not a deal breaker on me moving from Virgin to Sky, but at present there is an ever growing list of "things" just not right, and not really having full functionality and discontinued support on this product which makes up my bill is making me look at greener grass sites on the web.

Shame as I have been a customer for 25+ years going right back to Bradford Cable. 

the model is Samsung V box HD

can anyone help please ? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: v box password reset

The Samsung V+HD box certainly is supported. I have 2 of the 1 million or so still live on the system. If they are faulty they are replaced free of charge, although all the replacement units are now refurbished ones. Customer services should be able to reset your TV PIN if the automated function on the box wont do it. If they cant reset the PIN, then an engineer should be sent out to investigate.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi marko64

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment. 

I've not been able to locate your account to check the status of the additional set top box for unfortunately, would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information so I can take a closer look?

You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page. Once we've received it, we'll run some tests ASAP.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
marko64
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All working again guys thanks ! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi marko64,

I have just responded to the private message you have sent us.

Take a look and let me know asap how things are Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos