Menu
robert1987
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

v box hd doesnt load home screen, tv guide etc...

had Virgin installed, have a TIVO box in main room and a V HD box in the bedroom.

The V HD box seems to be playing up already though.  Last two days it has been working fine at night but when we come to use it in the morning it won't load up the home page or TV guide.  When you press the home page either on the remote or on the front of the box you just get a box in the bottom left of the screen that says "Please wait, just loading".  This actually happens when you press quite a lot of the buttons on the remote (e.g. power but, Fav button).  

I have unplugged the box and rebooted that way, have also rebooted by pressing the power button on the front of the box for 5 seconds but problem still persists.

Yesterday morning after a couple of reboots it started working ok again, only to revert this morning.  Can't seem to get it working properly this morning however.

Anyone any ideas, or is it a faulty box?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: v box hd doesnt load home screen, tv guide etc...

Sounds like a faulty box, or possibly a loose connection. You've not moved it, I assume since the installation?

Ring in and it can be assessed remotely :-)

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robert1987

Welcome to the Virgin Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your V HD box recently.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end for you. We're seeing some problems being detected with the set top box and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DarrenSavage
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm receiving the same fault.
0 Kudos