Menu
doofhead
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

v+ box does not let me use red buttons services on sky sports any reason why?

v+ box does not let me use red buttons services on sky sports any reason why?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: v+ box does not let me use red buttons services on sky sports any reason why?

Hi doofhead,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear the red button services are not working on Sky Sports.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. I'm not detecting any problems remotely.

The service can only be used when Sky Sports offer it. So you'd usually see the red button symbol in the corner of your screen.

Does the red button work for other channels? Do you have this symbol I mentioned?

Please let us know.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
doofhead
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: v+ box does not let me use red buttons services on sky sports any reason why?

I have just tried the red button on my v+ box and it works on bbc but it still does not work on sky sports. I have checked red button services on my TiVo boxes and it works just fine. Could it be a compatability  issue with a Samsung v+ box on sky sports. It is a right royal pain having to change rooms to watch red button services on sky sports.

0 Kudos
doofhead
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Also the red button does not appear but does on bbc and all other boxes in house.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Something as simple as a re-boot can fix this. The BBC Red Button stream is not a good test, as the additional stream is carried on an EPG channel, & selecting it via the RB menu just sends the box to channel 991. With Sky Sports the additional streams are hidden & the box software has to "find" them separately.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi doofhead,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As nodrogd mentioned, a reboot can help fix this.  If you can give this a try and please let us know how you get on.

We're here to help anytime you need us. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos