Menu
Bracky
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

used tv box

Been with Virgin ! week, tv box playing up, just found out it's a recon box, I've got recorded programs on it from last year!  Not happy, anyone else with similar issues?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: used tv box

Bracky wrote:

It's the the fact they have given me a second hand box that is wrong, and charged me New prices. 

There is no such thing as a 'new' or 'second hand' box for Virgin Media. All core TV and BB kit supplied by Virgin Media is rented as part of your subscription. At no stage are you buying the equipment.

So Virgin Media normally supply appropriately tested and working kit. If the physical box has been returned from a previous customer it usually goes through a full 'screen and clean' check and reset process to ensure it works exactly the same as if it have been newly manufactured. Any kit that fails this process is take out of being the installation allocation until it has been fixed.

Bracky wrote:

Hdmi connection is faulty, tried new cable but same problem, picture goes off and on, (blue screen). 

If you are having issues with the box that has been supplied, especially as it somehow has managed to bypass the 'screen and clean' process then you need to report this to Virgin Media who will resolve this for you.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That is a thing, as VM do ask for equipment to be returned when the customer leaves or upgrades to a newer model, with the older one later on being issued on to another customer. Someone at VM probably forgot to factory reset the STB, so as a result the old recordings weren't erased before it was put back out for use.

What kind of problems are you having with it? That information will be helpful for those who know more about the TV side of things.

Edit: Late typo fix Cat Happy

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Bracky
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hdmi connection is faulty, tried new cable but same problem, picture goes off and on, (blue screen). It's the the fact they have given me a second hand box that is wrong, and charged me New prices. You wouldn't buy a year old car for show room prices would you!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Bracky wrote:

It's the the fact they have given me a second hand box that is wrong, and charged me New prices. 

There is no such thing as a 'new' or 'second hand' box for Virgin Media. All core TV and BB kit supplied by Virgin Media is rented as part of your subscription. At no stage are you buying the equipment.

So Virgin Media normally supply appropriately tested and working kit. If the physical box has been returned from a previous customer it usually goes through a full 'screen and clean' check and reset process to ensure it works exactly the same as if it have been newly manufactured. Any kit that fails this process is take out of being the installation allocation until it has been fixed.

Bracky wrote:

Hdmi connection is faulty, tried new cable but same problem, picture goes off and on, (blue screen). 

If you are having issues with the box that has been supplied, especially as it somehow has managed to bypass the 'screen and clean' process then you need to report this to Virgin Media who will resolve this for you.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Bracky
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cheers. I must attmit Virgin customer service has been very good to me, answered my email, rang me 3 times and the outcome of my whinge has been very good. Credit due to Virgin, Thankyou.

0 Kudos