Menu
Matthew2015
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

unavailable channels

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else had problems with some of the children's channels...? My little boy loves to watch them but they have been 'unavailable' for 2 days and I can't see anything online the tv guide where it says to look. Just thought I'd ask before I rang. I live in the Preston area if it matters.
thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: unavailable channels

Good morning Matthew2015,

Welcome into the Online Community of Virgin Media, it's great to see a new face Smiley Happy

I have been into the TiVo and the services are running well, you're running on the correct package, so it's not that. I've also checked the TV guide data and it's all looking really healthy.

Can you tell me if this is something you're still seeing? 

Keep in touch Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Matthew2015
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,
Thank you for the welcome bye getting back to me.
It's not just the children's channels that are 'unavailable' there are a few channel 5, comedy central, Itv 4, to name a few.
I rang and have had someone come out to have a look. He tried to help but couldn't do anything, so he changed my tivo box (to my dismay as it means you lose all your recordings) the annoying thing is as well is that it didn't help. The channels were still down, so he then went to the exchange box and told me there was a cable update. And it's knocked loads of channels out. Can't believe I wasn't told about this, they have been off for a week now. And to top it off I lost all my recording and planned recordings for nothing as he said he couldn't connect my old box as the contents would have gone, which I didn't really understand.

Matthew
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI Matthew

I'm sorry to learn about the problems you've experienced with your service recently and I'd like to help in any way I can.

What specific channels are you seeing as unavailable and what messages are you seeing when you try to watch them?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Matthew2015
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig.
There are loads of channels that I'm seeing an unavailable message.
channel 5, bbc4, sky living, Itv 2, Itv 3, Itv 4, sky 2, sky arts, pick, w, gold, Dave, alibi, comedy central, and the children's channels. Just to name a few
And the message is: this channel is currently unavailable, check the tv guide to see if it is off-air please try again later.
if this keeps happening call us on 150 from your virgin media phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone

I don't know if you have seen the reply to the other guys message but I rang and someone came out, but couldn't fix it, but this was after changing my tivo box so I have lost all my recordings and planned recordings. The guy said they are doing an update on the lane at the box at the end of the roadBut it's nearly been two weeks now, how long does an update take. And by getting someone out to have a look I'm worse off.
I think I'm going to ring again tomorrow and complain
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matthew2015,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear that this has been ongoing for so long.  I'd like to check on this for you.

I have had a look at your box remotely and all is looking fine right now signal and power level wise.  I am not seeing any known open issues reported for the network side at the minute.

How are things looking today?  If you're still getting any errors, please let me know and I will get this checked further and work to resolve this for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

matthew 2015 lots off channels are unavailable at moment they just go blank at times and come back thats more to the end of the line up like geographic discovery its something thats ongoing at moment around my area might be different for you but mine some time go off jonni i havent noticed with those that are listed its the others
0 Kudos